Freese Shipping GmbH & Co. KG

History

  • 01. January 1964

    Captain Heinz Freese ( † 2006) started his own business in 1964 with the motorsailing-vessel ,,Aar".

    Sale in April 1967.

  • 10. June 1967

    Purchase of the singledecker „Gerda Freese“.

    Sale in July 1979.

  • 14. August 1979

    Take over of the freedecker „Gerda Freese“ II.

    Sale in August 1983.

  • 30. September 1983

    Take over of the first newbuilding containervessel „Freesia“ (260 TEU), built by Schiffswerft H. Peters, Wewelsfleth / Germany

    Sale in Dezember 1995.

  • 29. August 1984

    Take over of the second newbuilding multipurpose vessel „Elisia“ (80 TEU), built by Schiffswerft H. Peters, Wewelsfleth / Germany

    Sale in November 1992.

  • 09. December 1985

    Take over of the third newbuilding containervessel „Tertia“ (278 TEU), built by Schiffswerft H. Peters, Wewelsfleth / Germany

    Sale in December 1995.

  • 29. January 1994

    Take over of the modern containervessel „Gerdia“ (538 TEU), built by J.J. Sietas-Schiffswerft Hamburg-Neuenfelde / Germany

    Sale in June 2005.

  • 26. February 1994

    Take over of the next modern containervessel „Regia“ (538 TEU), built by J.J. Sietas-Schiffswerft Hamburg-Neuenfelde / Germany

    Sale in September 2005.

  • 08. December 1995

    Delivery of the newbuilding containervessel „Arctic Ocean“ (660 TEU) by J.J. Sietas Schiffwerft, Hamburg-Neuenfelde

    Sale 2007.

  • 28. December 1995

    Delivery of the next newbuilding containervessel „Arctic Fox“ (660 TEU) by J.J. Sietas Schiffwerft, Hamburg-Neuenfelde

    Sale 2007.

  • June 1995

    The Graduated Economics Engineer for Maritime Traffic, Captain Kai Freese entered the company.

    The single ship companies of the Freese KG united in the FREESE SHIPPING GROUP.

  • December 2000

    Kai Freese took over the management .

  • August 2002

    Relocation of the office accomodation in a new and roomy office in Stade, Beim Salztor 1

  • 14. April 2004

    The first multipurpose vessel MS „FREESIA“ was delivered from the Jiangdon Shipyard China

    Sold January 2014.

  • 14. May 2004

    Take over of the second multipurpose vessel MS „Lilia“ (Jiangzhou Shipyard, China)

  • 29. September 2005

    Renewal of the container vessel fleet by the purchase of the newbuilding „Ulrike F“ (1100 TEU), built by the Jinling Shipyard, China

    change of ownership June 2012

  • 04. April 2006

    Delivery of the newbuilding „Magnus F“ (containervessel with 1100 TEU), build by the Jinling Shipyard, China

  • 20. July 2006

    Delivery of the modified reorders of the multipurpose vessels with the name „Jasper“,built by China Changjiang National Shipping Corp. Qingshan Shipyard

  • 25. October 2006

    Take over of the second modified reorders of the multipurpose vessels „Amber“, built by China Changjiang National Shipping Corp. Qingshan Shipyard

  • 01. July 2008

    Delivery of first 17.100 tdw MPP Carrier newbuilding “AMANDA” built at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co. Ltd. Shanghai.

  • 28. August 2008

    Bringing into service second 17.100 tdw MPP Carrier newbuilding “ANITA” also built at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co. Ltd. Shanghai.

  • 19. July 2009

    As a result of fleet growth and the number of office staff employed another relocation became necessary.

    The company is now located An der Werft 4 in 21680 Stade

  • 21. January 2010

    Delivery of the first 30.000tdw Lakesize Bulkcarrier mv “Three Rivers” from Guoyu Shipyard in China.

  • 17. May 2010

    Commissioning of the second 30.000tdw Laker mv “Seven Islands” trading as “Pacific Huron” from same yard.

  • 06. December 2011

    Delivery of 28.000tdw MPP/HL vessel MV "KINGCUP" from Shandong Huanghai Shipbuilding Co. shipyard

  • 22. March 2012

    Commissioning of 2nd 28.000 tdw MPP/HL vessel named MV "KINGFISHER"

  • 08. June 2012

    Receiving the 8.000tdw MPP vessel MV SANSIBAR into full management service.

  • 01. January 2014

    Assigned by the owners as the technical manager for the 700TEU container vessel "KATRINA".